About Mhee

My photo
Everywhere, United Kingdom
I'm raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support by traveling the UK, living by simple rules; *No Money handled or used at any time *No Trading for sponsorship. I have a tent that will mostly be living out of, as well as some other more basic equipment that will help me along the way. I will mostly be walking from place to place seeing the landscapes of Britain and with a bit of luck meet lots more wonderful people like the peeps of Norwich and King's Lynn where I have been so far. I am making good progress up the East side of the UK, and hope to reach Edinburgh in time for the festival in August. I am always interested in suggestions and challenges you may have for places for me to see do or find across the country. People interested in keeping updated with my progress or just having a chat can do so through Twitter @mheefree Please donate through http://www.justgiving.com/me-free any donations are always greatly appreciated, as little as a penny will all help people affected by cancer all over.

Monday 6 June 2011

wow Grimsby!

I seem to be constantly surprised by the kindness of people that I'm meeting on this journey, and this weekend is no exception. I made it into Cleethorpes as the sun was approaching the horizon. (Not that I could see it for the cloud)


After the rush to get in before the rain I was in a fair amount of pain and sat at the first pub I found, only a minute passed before I was joined by a man Fred, with whom I had a long chat with about everything from the local area, to politics, to people and on. Thanx for the pint aswel Fred.
I was advised to camp near the beach, so I did.
Yesterday morning I packed up around 5am earlier than normal, as to not have to rush into Grimsby.
In Grimsby I spent all afternoon in the peoples park. There is a cafe in this park,

and they very kindly gave me lunch of Jacket potato and chilli, very tasty, this is Tash unfortunatly Sharon diddn't want to be photographed


I met another Fred, and an amazingly well behaved dog, Jay.


But the people I would really like to say thanx to are Jay and Shelly


And the kids Zack, Luke, Levi and little baby Faith.


They really looked after me letting me stay on their sofa feeding me stew and sending me on my way with some supplies. Thankyou soo much all of you. I will like very much to see you again and stay in touch.
From Grimsby I came back to Cleethorpes to see about a boat, met nice lad Rob

in the Kings Royal Hotel on the seafront, a lovely Irish bar.
In the end I wondered round to a sort of Dock in, Grimsby again, where I met John and Dale who were both so helpful and gave me lots of Ideas on this boat. So I visited the ABP and for in touch with Humber Rescue and can now complete the challenge of sailing under the Humber Bridge, thank you all involved and lookout for me going under on Wednesday morning.
So I think that the town of Grimsby and all the people that are so, so nice need an award sorry Alford the title has now been passed on, nicest town goes to
Grimsby!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment