About Mhee

My photo
Everywhere, United Kingdom
I'm raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support by traveling the UK, living by simple rules; *No Money handled or used at any time *No Trading for sponsorship. I have a tent that will mostly be living out of, as well as some other more basic equipment that will help me along the way. I will mostly be walking from place to place seeing the landscapes of Britain and with a bit of luck meet lots more wonderful people like the peeps of Norwich and King's Lynn where I have been so far. I am making good progress up the East side of the UK, and hope to reach Edinburgh in time for the festival in August. I am always interested in suggestions and challenges you may have for places for me to see do or find across the country. People interested in keeping updated with my progress or just having a chat can do so through Twitter @mheefree Please donate through http://www.justgiving.com/me-free any donations are always greatly appreciated, as little as a penny will all help people affected by cancer all over.

Friday 10 June 2011

Beverly and on

So north of Hull I found my self in Beverly


I liked it here it was quiet and the people, of cause, friendly. I had a sleep in a small park, then continued onward heading for south Dalton, but I was struggling to find the B road that lead there. I stopped to get directions in a pub -molescroft inn- as well as directions I made some new friends; Katie (aka Wiggy), Ellie, and the boss Adam


They were proper stars, feeding me, chatting ect. Wiggy even helped me make my new flag


Then before I knew it, it was time to make haste and set up camp for the night. Found a nice spot along the route under an oak tree.

After waking and packing up I started plodding along the path then the road to Dalton, I arived around midday by following the signs to the 'super church' lol


A very nice village and the church was indeed super. Now on my map I have many, many things that lots of people have wrote on it, and one of those things was to see south Dalton and meet some of the people there, another was while here visit The Pipe and Glass. The people were incredible and the Pipe & Glass well, when I walked in I was already impressed, but then I met James Mackenzie, who along with his wife Kate, own the place and had made it the incredible building it now is. I was offered fine local ale, a shower, and a most delicious steak sandwich, and on top of that when leaving I was given a bag of food. I am passed overwhelmed at the kindness of the northern people of this country it really does defy believe! And then as if all that wasn't enough, Andy and his lovely wife Glynis,


Gave me a ride up the coast, and some more food!! So now in or just outside Bridlington all set to follow the coast north and see some puffins. Thanx everyone and check out www.pipeandglass.co.uk/ its fantastic! ;-) TTFN
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment