About Mhee

My photo
Everywhere, United Kingdom
I'm raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support by traveling the UK, living by simple rules; *No Money handled or used at any time *No Trading for sponsorship. I have a tent that will mostly be living out of, as well as some other more basic equipment that will help me along the way. I will mostly be walking from place to place seeing the landscapes of Britain and with a bit of luck meet lots more wonderful people like the peeps of Norwich and King's Lynn where I have been so far. I am making good progress up the East side of the UK, and hope to reach Edinburgh in time for the festival in August. I am always interested in suggestions and challenges you may have for places for me to see do or find across the country. People interested in keeping updated with my progress or just having a chat can do so through Twitter @mheefree Please donate through http://www.justgiving.com/me-free any donations are always greatly appreciated, as little as a penny will all help people affected by cancer all over.

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Into Newcastle and onward

The night I spent in Seaham was fantastic, the people of the crows nest were all so amazing and even after I pitched the tent outside and tried to get to sleep I was still being talked to by the locals. When I awoke in the morning of made my way back to see Biff as by the maps comand to get a tattoo. Biff did a wonderful job even through my wiggling and squrming around


He said he will do the back half when I come back if I can handle it lol. From seaham I was given a lift by Dave to the Angle


Under her I sat and had lunch


Not long after I found myself crossing the Tyne bridge into Newcastle


(This is not the Tyne bridge but is the view of the old swing bridge from along it) Newcastle is such a beautiful city with so much art all around and such wonderful buildings it was easy to enjoy the walk.


I was trying to make my way to the Cumberland arms without much luck then I met 3 lovely gents that gladly showed me the way (via the Tyne bar). The wrighting on my map said stay at the cumberland arms, unfortunatly they were full for the weekend, so my plan was to sleep outback. Everyone was warning me against it and this made me more than a little paranoid. In the end a nice lad Dolly

put me up for the night.

Saturday,
Lots of things to do in Newcastle so I started by trying Macmillan, with no joy (but that was a bit of wishful thinking) next was the stateside diner, the Oreo milkshake was divine


Then back to the cumberland


This time I did sleep out the back and very well too.

Sunday,
After meeting in such a nice Quaker building, a friend (Douglas) alowed me use of his garden. Along with feeding me and generaly being the most generous hoast he could have been. I was given a ride across town back to the macmillan offices where I picked up a new tshirt and started the mission along the river to Tynemouth stopping to watch the eye open


Then to top up my water at a pub formally the wincolmee meeting some nice guys, and finally at the Albion just to have a rest and hide from the rain. It was in her I met Barry, Helen and Ross who were all so nice and helped me to achieve the next challenge on the map have fish & chips at Marshals



As always thanks to everyone that has been helping me along my way, including;
Biff, Dave, Graeme, Denise, Julie, Chloe, Eyvonne from Seaham,
Steve, John and Dave with out you I may never have found the Cumberland,
Joseph, Sally, PS, Ross, Kev, Wrighty, Gunny, and Dolly from the cumberland arms,
Britt, Hilde, and Beathe lovely ladies from Norway,
Dave, and Bob from the Wincolmee,
Barry, Ross and Helen from the Albion, and Leah, Pam and Duncan from the Earl of Zetland
I am sorry again for anyone that I have missed please comment below, I love you all keep smiling :-)

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment