About Mhee

My photo
Everywhere, United Kingdom
I'm raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support by traveling the UK, living by simple rules; *No Money handled or used at any time *No Trading for sponsorship. I have a tent that will mostly be living out of, as well as some other more basic equipment that will help me along the way. I will mostly be walking from place to place seeing the landscapes of Britain and with a bit of luck meet lots more wonderful people like the peeps of Norwich and King's Lynn where I have been so far. I am making good progress up the East side of the UK, and hope to reach Edinburgh in time for the festival in August. I am always interested in suggestions and challenges you may have for places for me to see do or find across the country. People interested in keeping updated with my progress or just having a chat can do so through Twitter @mheefree Please donate through http://www.justgiving.com/me-free any donations are always greatly appreciated, as little as a penny will all help people affected by cancer all over.

Thursday 23 June 2011

The North

Sorry its been so long since my last update, I was having some problems getting the internet back up but thanks to Simon from T-Mobile all is good again.
So from Whitney I set off into the moors

such magical views everywhere even though it was incredibly wet


Met some friendly cows...


After the amount of time that I spent in whitby I was struggling to stick to my usual pace, and so set camp.


Awaking the next day in high sprits with sunshine that could light up anyones soul. Continued on towards Castleton

going through some of the other villages. 'This is proper country' I thort to myself.



With no internet coming through the moors I was now hopelessly lost and so stoped in at the Eskdale Inn meeting karren, will, sue who pointed out the best route to roseberry topping....
No! With no internet and therefore no satnav, no matter how good the directions I was lost again within minutes. I decided to just go North, north west hoping that the field after field of moors would end (as lovely as it is).


At last a town but I had no idea which town.


Yeepii
First guy I met was Olli it turns out this was Guisborough. And little did I know how nice it was going to turn out to be. Olli pointed me in the direction of a pub called the Anchor where I topped up my water and got a couple of new markers on my map. Then the locals started to show just how good they really are, I was given several drinks and food and even offered a bed for the night from a most lovely lady, Sue. (I'm meeting a lot of very nice ladies called sue recently)


I was happy to also know that the whole town was looking out for her and checking up well into the night that I she was ok. The next morning Pete gave me a lift into Middlesbrough, where I went to the art gallery


And had great fun at the transporter bridge


The view from the top was amazing


I spent a long time with Graham


Who was also kind enough to offer me his sofa for the night, we stayed up till the early hours talking politics.
From middlesbrough it was more north to hartlepool where I met lots of cool peeps in the princess Helena. I camped out side the premier inn. This morning, following my maps guide lines, I showed up at Alan hodgson fish shop. They where as clueles to me showing up as I was. After chatting for a bit I was alowed to help out in exchange for some honey and sampher (which I can't spell) then I got on a train to seaham. So hear I am its been a wonerful day and I am very tired but it's been so long since my last post and so much has happened. Unfortunatly I have left out a lot of details of the past few days but I can't fully remember everything as I am far too sleepy please comment if I missed your part of the story.
Big thanx to everyone in whitby, the stable bar, and the fox & hounds inn. Karren, will and sue of the eskdale. Mic, Sue, Rachel and mark of the anchor. Graham Alan, jim, gary, ste, donna, and Pete from middlesbrough. Bob, connie, jock, tam, Naomi, tracey, dave, and rab of the princess Helena. Danielle and Anthony of the premier inn. Becca, Lauren, Sarah, kathrine, Alan, Brenda, edie, phil, sue, and neil of the crows nest. And anyone else who should be on this list but I've missed I am sorry that I missed you off please slap my wrist.
Much love and be happy, till next time good night :-)

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment