About Mhee

My photo
Everywhere, United Kingdom
I'm raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support by traveling the UK, living by simple rules; *No Money handled or used at any time *No Trading for sponsorship. I have a tent that will mostly be living out of, as well as some other more basic equipment that will help me along the way. I will mostly be walking from place to place seeing the landscapes of Britain and with a bit of luck meet lots more wonderful people like the peeps of Norwich and King's Lynn where I have been so far. I am making good progress up the East side of the UK, and hope to reach Edinburgh in time for the festival in August. I am always interested in suggestions and challenges you may have for places for me to see do or find across the country. People interested in keeping updated with my progress or just having a chat can do so through Twitter @mheefree Please donate through http://www.justgiving.com/me-free any donations are always greatly appreciated, as little as a penny will all help people affected by cancer all over.

Thursday 9 June 2011

Challenge #1

I woke with the sunrise, got packed away a had a read.
Simon found me after a short while from the picture I posted of my view, so we headed over the bridge to the boats. He showed me round and demonstrated the technology they have onboard, tho we would not be on the big girl, they have all manor of satnav and depth readers, and several radios. Humber Rescue have a response time of around 10 minutes, which is incredible as they have to get there and launch and all of the guys work other jobs and only volunteer here. I then met Tony it would be he and I going out in the small boat, he said that the water was looking a bit choppy.
I was kitted up from head to toe in the gear they have, something resembling a whearable sleeping bag, a wet suit, life jacket, and helmet, and we got the boat in the water. Simon stayed on shore to take some photos.
Out on the water I was having emence fun bouncing over the waves, with the spray coming over the side. We wizzed under and back again to be sure of completing the challenge, then returned to land. I made a video under the bridge but can't upload it from my phone, Tony even said I should have taken some pictures while we were still in the water, I can be so stupid sometimes, I will get it in as soon as I can along with all my pics.
So thankyou Humber Rescue, Simon, Tony, and Dave I hope to see you all again. I'm off to the deep now in Hull.

Please think of all the work that these guys put into keeping people safe on the river and donate if you can they can be found with google Humber Rescue
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment