About Mhee

My photo
Everywhere, United Kingdom
I'm raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support by traveling the UK, living by simple rules; *No Money handled or used at any time *No Trading for sponsorship. I have a tent that will mostly be living out of, as well as some other more basic equipment that will help me along the way. I will mostly be walking from place to place seeing the landscapes of Britain and with a bit of luck meet lots more wonderful people like the peeps of Norwich and King's Lynn where I have been so far. I am making good progress up the East side of the UK, and hope to reach Edinburgh in time for the festival in August. I am always interested in suggestions and challenges you may have for places for me to see do or find across the country. People interested in keeping updated with my progress or just having a chat can do so through Twitter @mheefree Please donate through http://www.justgiving.com/me-free any donations are always greatly appreciated, as little as a penny will all help people affected by cancer all over.

Thursday 16 June 2011

Scarborough to Whitby

Leaving a good friends, Paul's, in the early hours I continued on my journey north along the walk known as Cleveland way


A truly scorching day I was glad when I stumbled apon a stream with a small waterfall


It was clear that I was not the first to find pleasure in stopping here and found engravings in the rocks all around the oldest dating to the 60's


It was so wonderful that I stayed here for a good hour meeting people as they passed over the crossing


After a time I thought I better get on or I would feel too at home here to ever leave. The next hill was a killer in the heat and I was cort up by a lovely young lady, Tomomi, on holiday from London. We walked, and talked together for the day, and the miles melted away, before we knew it we had reached Boggle Hole


This was my stop and I had to try to arrange spending the night with out money, so we parted ways and Tomomi continued the last 3/4 mile to her bus in Robin hoods bay. This would not be the last we would see each other.
At the Hostel I met another wonderful young lady, Jess, who very kindly arranged for me to stay. It was wonderful, so many nice people, and the building was fun for adults & children alike. I recommend stayin here especially families.


That evening I went into Robinhoods bay with Lloyd

a very nice piano player and teacher the bay is truly beautiful and when the tide is out only a few min walk from the hostel


It is not a very big place so I won't spoil it by showing all the pics I took, it is also the finish point of the coast to coast walk. After a very good sleep a nice lady, Silvia,

gave me a lift into whitby, and I quickly set about completing all of the challenges I had been set for here. There was climb the 199 steps to the Abby


See the whale bones


See captain cooks statue and museum

very cool it was here that, by chance found, Tomomi again. I have but 1 challenge left here before I continue north, the big one, read Dracula

I started this morning and now am 1/3 through but I have had other distractions as well I hope to finish tomorrow as it is getting very exciting. I have very kindly been alowed to stay one more night on this camp site in the town where I met Simon

lol I like him he is very funny, then tomorrow I will move on maybe? Anles the fear gets hold tonight and I make a break for it, it really is a good book I shall get back to it now.
Big thanx to Jess, Korin, Amanda, and Sadie@ the hostel
Lillian, George, Deck, Elaine, and Ellie @ the black horse
Silvia for the ride
Lloyd for the drinks and talks.
And especially Tomomi for being so nice every time we met ;-) x
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

1 comment:

  1. I made you a cheese and tomato roll for breakfast on Friday 17th June 2011 at the Whitby camp site but you'd already gone. Nice to meet you, good luck and have fun - Simon the VHM (very funny man).

    ReplyDelete