About Mhee

My photo
Everywhere, United Kingdom
I'm raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support by traveling the UK, living by simple rules; *No Money handled or used at any time *No Trading for sponsorship. I have a tent that will mostly be living out of, as well as some other more basic equipment that will help me along the way. I will mostly be walking from place to place seeing the landscapes of Britain and with a bit of luck meet lots more wonderful people like the peeps of Norwich and King's Lynn where I have been so far. I am making good progress up the East side of the UK, and hope to reach Edinburgh in time for the festival in August. I am always interested in suggestions and challenges you may have for places for me to see do or find across the country. People interested in keeping updated with my progress or just having a chat can do so through Twitter @mheefree Please donate through http://www.justgiving.com/me-free any donations are always greatly appreciated, as little as a penny will all help people affected by cancer all over.

Sunday 2 October 2011

Been and gone

So at last the time came for mhee to leave Edinburgh.


Great times all through August and well into September.
After arriving in the city with Birke and a short stop at a pub, we took the walk up Arthur's seat to see the city outstretched all around



It was here we spent the first few nights.
I quickly started doing some of the things written on the map;
Edinburgh castle,


The royal mile,


The greyfriers bobby,


The palace,


Bagpipes,


The Pleasance,


And spent some time on Cramond island


Such fun!!
Once the festival started, so to did a wonderful atmosphere with people from every end of the earth, I found voluntarily work at the forest cafe, the people that I met here every day changed my life and challenge my ideals, along with a wide range of entertainment, music, poetry, and plays to keep all who ventured into the capital for this famous month. To keep me alive for the month, as well as the Forest cafe, I worked on a farm in South Queensferry they were happy to supply me with food for the days i spent hoeing or digging. I met a man, Steve, who seemed very keen to make a documentary about my life. I don't think I'm doing anything special because its something that anyone could do if they wanted to, but he did start work on it and the Pilot is available on Youtube: The Power Of Mhee.
Once the festival ended i still could not drag myself away from the new friends that I had made and the work on the farm. But in the end Birke left for Germany and I too saw that the time had come to move on.
I met so many people the last couple of months if I was to write about everyone this blog would turn into something akin to a phone book, but I love all please know I think of you all as I write this.
So long Edinburgh, So long Birke, So long everyone I hope we can meet again soon
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mhee,
    I recently discovered the short documentary of you on youtube; you're an inspiration!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete