About Mhee

My photo
Everywhere, United Kingdom
I'm raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support by traveling the UK, living by simple rules; *No Money handled or used at any time *No Trading for sponsorship. I have a tent that will mostly be living out of, as well as some other more basic equipment that will help me along the way. I will mostly be walking from place to place seeing the landscapes of Britain and with a bit of luck meet lots more wonderful people like the peeps of Norwich and King's Lynn where I have been so far. I am making good progress up the East side of the UK, and hope to reach Edinburgh in time for the festival in August. I am always interested in suggestions and challenges you may have for places for me to see do or find across the country. People interested in keeping updated with my progress or just having a chat can do so through Twitter @mheefree Please donate through http://www.justgiving.com/me-free any donations are always greatly appreciated, as little as a penny will all help people affected by cancer all over.

Thursday 27 October 2011

week about the kingdom

So scottish weather, as it turns out, has the abbilty to change quite rapidly from really hot to very wet and cold in the blink of an eye! My first few days in Fife were marked with scorching sun turning the coast into an almost tropical affair


So hot I was reminded of summer again! I moved on towards Dunfermline, here it is I'm to find Robert the Bruce in the abbey. By the time I arrived in the town it had been raining for almost two days and I was, to say the least, very wet. So naturally I was looking for somewhere to dry off, I found it in the form of a pub, the olive tree, where the room was warm, the people were friendly, and the food was great. Unfortunatly I spent so much time here "drying off" that I missed the open hours of the abbey. A very lovely lady Julie put me up for the night. The next day I said hello to Rob


With my task complete I made north for Kinross and loch Leven


I'm trying at this time to "walk where the stars have walked" I think this is t in the park, so in I go. I got close


Not quite to the venue but close. Now, more north need to make perth, and find "anything"

found the art gallery in the city centre about mice! Stopped at a bar-the tavern- to charge phone, lovely lads there. Then east to Auchtermuchty (I struggled to pronounce it too)

was offered a job lol now south to Falkland to see the palace

from the hill, done. And that was my week in the kingdom of fife! I had a great time and I hope to be back in the not too distant future.
I leave you with random pics from Cupar sweet dreams! X

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment